Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Trio of Baby Quilts

Well it's been awhile! I can assure you I've been sewing these last few months...just not blogging. I just finished up three sweet baby quilts that have a very special purpose. I'm excited to share these!

It has been on my heart to somehow make a difference with the talent and passion God gifted me with. I have a soft spot for little ones, children and babies in need, yes, but especially the unborn. Pregnancy crises happen all of the time, and it is my wish to help, in some small way, to love these women finding themselves in an undesirable situation and to help them love the small life growing within them. Life is precious.

I stumbled upon a local pregnancy help center accepting donations. You can find more information here. This is where I've chosen to donate these three little quilts.

So without further delay-here they are!


This first quilt is my wonky star patchwork quilt. I love the fact that I used all scraps for this one. Many were left over from previous projects and already cut to the right size. Those fun plaids jump out at me but still blend nicely, I think. The white stars against those rich colors make for one gorgeous baby quilt!




This is my snowball quilt I named 'Pearl'. It just makes me think of a delicate string of pearls when I look at it. I used a charm pack that I won from a bloggy giveaway. The color palette is much softer than I normally choose, but I think it's beautiful. Maybe I should use soft colors more often. And don't you love that pink floral backing fabric?! It's been sitting in my stash for far too long.



I don't have a name for this last one, but it makes me think of stained glass windows. It was born out of scraps from my granny square project. I had so many 2.5" squares lying around, they were begging to be turned into something pretty. I think this quilt can read gender neutral too, which is nice not knowing the recipient. The backing fabric was another long-lost stash fabric.

It feels so good to have these completed on their way to new homes!

No comments:

Post a Comment