Tuesday, January 27, 2015

On my design wall...

...a new quilt top, recently completed but shown here in progress. I've been calling this one my 'man quilt'.


Awhile ago I thought it would be fun to make a quilt with a more masculine flair. And I wanted it to be scrappy. So I dug out all of my blue and green scraps and cut them into rough strips (if they weren't already). I didn't have enough green and blue so I added grey and black too. I wasn't being very discriminative in my fabric inclusion...so there are some interesting, arguably non-masculine prints in there. But that's OK, I like it.


I've wanted to make the cover quilt from Sunday Morning Quilts for a long time. This seemed like the perfect project to try it out. It's so much fun! No worrying about perfectly straight strips or precise 1/4" seams, this one is charming for it's imperfections. And for all of the pieces of fabric, it still comes together pretty quickly.


This quilt will go to a special guy, I'm pretty sure he doesn't read my blog so it should stay a surprise. I hope he likes it. BTW, there are over 75 different fabrics in this quilt top! A record for me :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment