Friday, March 1, 2013

Style

When I first started quilting, I was all about warm fall colors, 1930s and Civil War repros, and calicoes when choosing fabric. Wow, how my taste has changed! Those fabrics still have a place for me, but in general I've moved into the contemporary realm. Big, graphical design. Bright colors. Geometric. There's a steady stream of awesome fabric coming out.

I never really considered my taste to be 'feminine' or that I'd be into florals. But I guess I am-evidence below. Ever since I used Nicey Jane in a baby quilt for a friend a few years ago I've been totally taken with it. I don't remember what the pink and purple fabrics are, but they fit right in with that pretty, feminine vibe.


This bundle comes from the Children at Play line, and has been really popular for some time. I like its whimsy. The designs are soft and fun.

Another collection I've been drooling over for some months is Madrona Road. I wasn't sure about this one at first, but after seeing a few others make quilts with it-I was totally hooked. This one in particular. The text print-sigh! And I think those haystack prints (here in pink and grey) would be great in just about anything.


So I know that I love COLOR in my quilt-making. In fact, I tend to feel 'blah' about a quilt until I get just the right fix of color. But I'm not entirely clear on what patterns I'm drawn to...I have trouble summing it up...but I know it when I see it.


Going to see Project 86 this weekend. I'M SO EXCITED!



No comments:

Post a Comment