Friday, January 31, 2014

The lost quilt

Remember these blocks? They were born from a color palette I was interested in exploring. I blogged about them here and here. I loved the color combination, but was having trouble with the layout...how to turn the blocks into a finished quilt top. It didn't seem sufficient to just smash the blocks together...I wanted something more interesting.


After quite a bit of playing around, and adding another block, I finally came up with something I like. Here's the finished quilt:

 
I really like the chunks of solid color...I think the original blocks had too much off-white negative space for me on their own. I like color.



I quilted this one with soft wavy lines. I really like the effect, and plan to use this quilting pattern again in the future.

 I even hand-embroidered a label on the back. I used Pearl cotton thread. It took way too long! And my embroidery skills are sub-par. So I either have to get much faster or invest in some printed labels :-).

I made this quilt 'just for fun' so it doesn't have a home yet. I'm sure the right opportunity will present itself, and in the mean time, I don't mind have extra quilts in the closet!

No comments:

Post a Comment