Monday, December 31, 2012

Sewing for fun

Before the holidays I created a list of sewing projects to complete by the end of the year, mostly Christmas decorations or gifts. I was actually pretty disciplined about this, and crossed almost everything off the list. So, to reward myself, I started a few new projects purely for fun-no real agenda in mind.



The first is a baby quilt top I created using left over 2.5" squares from another quilt I'm working on (I'm hand quilting the original project...may not be blogging about that one for awhile!). I love the bright, saturated colors in this. I think the white frames each block quite nicely. I enjoyed playing with these squares and watching the blocks come together.


These blocks are for another baby quilt, more girly this time. The block is from  Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop for Quilters and the quilt came to be out of a desire to use this color combination-deep purples, fuchsia and lighter pinks, golds, orange. I like it so far, but I'm toying with the idea of mixing another block in.



My MIL gave me these beautiful African Violets for Christmas, and in such a sweet pot. I just hope I can keep it alive!!

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love the new quilt tops! How fun! I can't wait to check them out in person. You rock!

    ReplyDelete