Friday, December 7, 2012

Here we go.

I've been reading quilting and sewing blogs for about a year now, and have been so inspired. So it seemed like time to start my own, not that anyone would necessarily want to read it, but so that I have an outlet for my hobby that I'm very passionate about...quilting and sewing. I'm part of the local guild, but it's very traditional in style and the online quilty world has been the only place I feel at home...where I've found kindred spirits (know that reference?!)...even though I don't personally know any of the creative people whose blogs I've faithfully stalked for months. So here goes.


I made this quilt for good friends that just had a sweet little boy. The block is taken from Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop for Quilters and I love the simplicity of it-showcasing the fabrics really well. The fabric is all from Connecting Threads, and I LOVE the cool, clean colors. It's quilted with wavy lines that I think reflect the nautical theme nicely.


Photographed outside, on a nice autumn day...not sure I'm ready for winter yet!

6 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! I can't wait to read/see more! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is some pretty detailed quilting. Great quilt and great first blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gift is lovely, and the quilting is really fun!
    Enjoy making your own blog. I think there is lots of fun ahead for you...

    ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful... a modern perspective. We'll be delighted to watch what you post.

    ReplyDelete