Sunday, December 16, 2012

Red & White.


I love red and white quilts. There's something about the simplicity of just two very contrasting colors that is beautiful to me. I also love this color combination around Christmas, it's Christmasy without being too Christmasy...if that makes sense.


I had a hard time deciding on a block/overall design, but finally landed on the Ohio Star. A traditional and, I think, timeless block. As is common with my quilts, this one morphed during the process. It was not in my original plan to set the blocks on point, or alternate between red and white stars, but I really like how it turned out. I didn't enjoy piecing this quilt very much. I think because I most enjoy working with a wider array of colors. But the end result was worth it.


Off to eat chili fries and watch movies with Mr. HardcoreQuilts!

1 comment: