Friday, December 28, 2012

Pillowcases for Newtown

Christmas is over already-I can't believe how fast it goes! We had a truly wonderful time with our family-baking, playing games, singing Christmas carols at church, and watching movies. It was so nice to spend time relaxing with family, I'm so blessed that my family is safe and healthy. There are so many that can't say the same thing.

Our hearts have been heavy thinking of all the families in Newtown hurting and missing their loved ones. So on Christmas day my mom, sister, and I made pillowcases to send to the Newtown families. It's just a small gesture, hopefully that lends some comfort and reminds those in Newtown that they are cared for.



More information on the pillowcase drive can be found here. I'm so thankful for those that are coordinating and spreading the word about this and efforts like this. It's great to see people caring for each other!

1 comment:

  1. That is wonderful! They look great. I think it is awesome you are doing this.

    ReplyDelete