Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Irish Chain WIP

I've always been fascinated with all things Irish. I don't know why, I don't think I have Irish heritage (but that would be so neat!). So a while ago I decided I had to make a traditional Irish Chain wall hanging for my house. I made four blocks at a quilt retreat out of small 1.5" squares, joined them, put it on the design wall....and there it has stayed for almost a year. Sigh. I think once St. Patrick's Day came and went last year I just lost motivation to finish this in a timely manner.


So I must finish it before St. Patrick's Day this year! Please, do hold me to this...if any one's out there reading :).

In other, completely unrelated topics, I randomly decided I needed a tote bag to carry books and magazines and such. I had grand plans for a patchwork or pieced tote of some sort, but (very) quickly lost steam on that front and wound up with this.


I think the fabric is Amy Butler, I bought a boat load of it a few years ago...can't figure out my original intention for it...but it was a nice, soft and sturdy fabric so away I went. I used batting and quilted just a few straight lines, the lining is a fun coffee cup print.

Happy January 2nd!

3 comments:

  1. I love that tote!!! I need to make one for myself, someday!
    You WILL finish your Irish chain for St. Patrick's day. When we have our traditional supper we will need decorations :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) already looking forward to the St. Patty's Day feast!

      Delete
  2. I love the Irish chain wall hanging and have also always been drawn to Irish things/music etc...you've got time to finish before this St. Patty's day rolls around will be checking your progress to see how it's coming:) Really love the tote, too! Love the colors of the fabric and especially love the coffee cup print inside!

    ReplyDelete