Saturday, January 19, 2013

Donuts

One of my husband's favorite things is donuts. He seriously gets giddy when someone mentions running out for donuts, it's comical. I like them too, but I don't like the calories that come with them! So I started seeing bloggers trying out baked donut recipes and thought it was worth a try.

My mom gave me a donut pan for Christmas and since then we've made three batches, each better than the last.

This morning, we tried these Baked Maple Cinnamon donuts. I can't believe how light and fluffy they turned out! They tasted really good too, not as sweet as we were expecting but that's OK. Debbie at A Quilter's Table has a great listing of recipes here.


Next up, we'll try these Dark Chocolate Carmel Glazed donuts...oh my...this is getting addicting! We'll have to start exercising more to support our donut habit. Good thing I got Wii Zumba from my MIL for Christmas. Which, by the way, I've never felt more like a dork than when I tried that for the first time-those moves are HARD! My hips don't necessarily want to move that way! But we will conquer you Zumba.

Still working on sewing projects, just haven't had a lot of finishes or photos yet, it's coming though! Curves Class is going smashingly, will share latest project soon.

1 comment:

  1. We should do the Wii zumba together sometime! I love Zumba. Lon got me the Zumba workout DVDs for Christmas and I haven't even cracked the box open yet :( I feel a Zumba party in our future. We could celebrate with donuts after!

    ReplyDelete