Monday, January 7, 2013

Progress

In the last few days I've made the progress on the projects I'm supposed to-woot! I usually just get distracted by something else...a new project...OK there was some of that too.

Up first-Irish Chain wall hanging. When I started this project I had four blocks, and immediately decided it was too small. Before setting it aside for months I had five more blocks nearly made. I can't believe I lost focus with so little left to finish...but actually I can because I have a pretty short attention span :). So I had five more blocks added to this top in no time. I'm going to stop here and move on to quilting this sucker.

BTW, did I make my Irish Chain according to the traditional pattern? I've seen it arranged differently, so that the four nine patches don't meet in the middle, but this is the block I found for Irish Chain in an old quilt book of mine....hm.


Next there's the baby girl quilt blocks from the Fat Quarterly Shape Workshop for Quilters book. Two more blocks added:


I've been collecting the little triangles left from these blocks in this sweet bowl that my awesomely talented little sister made for me.

  Don't you just love it?! It's even my favorite color.

5 comments:

  1. Glad I got to see these in person. Great bowl, Anna! You are a talented lady! Must run in the family...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute bowl. What a great idea!

    I love your Irish Chain quilt... it's been on my to-do list for a long time. Maybe this year!

    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes it seems like we always have more quilts in mind than time to make them!

      Delete
  3. They look like incredibly time consuming blocks - very lovely though! You look like you have a very talented sister.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kim, yes my sister is super talented :)

    ReplyDelete