Saturday, January 12, 2013

Looking back...

I haven't had any finishes in a while, so I thought I'd share something I made around this time last year. It's a baby quilt that I donated to my Guild to go the Teen Parenting conference. I used a tutorial from Frozen Knickers to make the blocks-it was a fun, quick quilt.

I was able to use up quite a few scraps for this quilt, and originally all of the background fabric was going to be the lighter grey. But I ran out of it so I decided to alternate with a darker grey. I think it turned out even better. Sometimes I end up with happy mistakes.


The quilting was a bit of a bear because I decided to sew in the ditch for the center square and along the outside of each block, so it was a lot of maneuvering. For the border I quilted random lines up and down along each side. I love the texture of this quilt after washing it.


I would definitely make these blocks again, the quilt went together pretty fast and the movement of the squares is fun-reminds me of confetti!

Will be watching the playoff game later, Go Pack Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment